Mino District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi SirJeiVus and MD and all

4 posters

Go down

Hi SirJeiVus and MD and all Empty Hi SirJeiVus and MD and all

Post  Expz Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:48 am

Hi guys i just started play tetris battle last 2 weeks and I got addicted with this game. I wonder how can I improve myself like just a 10% of SirJeiVus skill lol. I was wondering . I had fully tuned my next piece mini box but I have no idea how to use them. Watch them.. Arrange them for my next drop can any pro here can giv me some advise and make me increase my rank in tetris battle instead stucking at rank 22 and can't go any further Sad that's really hurt

小弟希望有高手能指点指点,应该从哪开始练习。不想停留在等级22,好想有进步,被朋友欺负和取笑,真不好受。

Expz

Back to top Go down

Hi SirJeiVus and MD and all Empty Re: Hi SirJeiVus and MD and all

Post  barneey Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:11 am

Hey and welcome, don't worry about getting better, if you just play a lot, you will become faster, and you will automatically take the preview into consideration without even realising it!

barneey

Back to top Go down

Post  Expz Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:34 am

thanks, i am playing few hours per day now.. hope i will gettin better soon.. training counter-clockwise and clockwise arrangement before dropping the piece for minimize the keystore before hard drop now.. so confusing... >.< tetris is so hard to play compare to the time i play tetris with the gameboy day in the pass 10 years.. lol..

Expz

Back to top Go down

Post  Expz Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:47 am

should i play just pressing "up" to rotate the piece, or should use both "z" and "up" to rotate piece.

Expz

Back to top Go down

Post  iHotShot Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Expz wrote:should i play just pressing "up" to rotate the piece, or should use both "z" and "up" to rotate piece.

you should. well, it takes time and a lot of practice. anyway, good to have you here. we hope you could find this forum a lot of help to you.

iHotShot

Back to top Go down

Post  barneey Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:18 am

UP and Z for rotating sounds like an awkward scheme.
I would suggest you reconfigure them somehow and preferably get them next to eachother like Z and X, for example.
Of course, you don't have to but I found it much easier to use Z and X, after 2 and a half years of using UP and DOWN for rotates!

barneey

Back to top Go down

Post  Expz Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:47 am

What is the best key set up? Z & X for rotate? How about hold? Shift or C? And hard drop as space bar or use up for hard drop? I was stucking at the key setting this 2 days. Due I want to get a better key setting before my finger getting faster.

Expz

Back to top Go down

Post  barneey Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:03 am

Well there isn't really a "best" control setup, it all depends on what you feel the most comfortable using.
I find Z/X/C for rotates and hold to be very comfortable.
As for drops, you can experiment with that until you find something you like, I really like DOWN for Hard drop, and UP for Soft drop.
Usually, the most important thing is to try and balance the keys between each hand, so you'll preferably want 3 keys for one hand, and 4 for the other. (I did not take double rotation into consideration)

barneey

Back to top Go down

Post  Expz Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:25 am

barney how u arrange ur finger for z/x/c ? each finger 1 button ? i try to use this setup but my finger not listening my command =.= damn i cant play tetris now . ,my brain jammed with all the key now T_T grrr...

Expz

Back to top Go down

Post  barneey Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:23 am

Yeah, I use my index finger, middle finger and ring finger for Z/X/C.

It took me a few weeks to get used to just because my old setup wasn't very similar though!

barneey

Back to top Go down

Post  Expz Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:19 pm

I was thinking should I change to this set up or not. Cuz this set up is too hard to use. It take me 3mins 40 sec to clear 40 lines Sad normal key I use before just 1.30sec to complete. Any suggestion? If not change the key set up, i worry future when I pro and realize the set up isn't good enough I scare will be too late to change the setting >_<

Expz

Back to top Go down

Post  SirJeivus Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi Expz,

You ask a good question! Can you post in the "General" forum and we can all contribute?

Thanks,
Jason

SirJeivus
Admin

https://minodistrict.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Expz Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:45 am

Sorry about that. will move to general now Very Happy

Expz

Back to top Go down